Posted by SussexMummy | Posted in Competition, Home & Lifestyle, Information | Posted on 06-09-2013
Tags: bodum, brands, brighton, competition, home decor, homesense, le creuset, prize, store opening, voucher
A few weeks ago the brand new HomeSense store opened in Brighton, just up the road from the existing TKMaxx Store. Unsurprisingly it was a rather popular event, as these images show.
I popped along recently to take a look at the new store and see what I could find on the shelves.
The store itself is in a great spot and a perfectly chosen building. Lots of glass allowing the light to flow in and illuminate the store which is spread across two floors. I have only been in one other HomeSense store and Brighton’s is much better. Its logically laid out and well stocked. The other store always tends to be chaotic, manic and unloved. I found a wealth of great bargains and quality products from some impressive brands in the Brighton store, and plenty to encourage me to return.
The kitchen department is my favourite, and probably one of the biggest. Great items from Le Creuset and Bodum stood out for me, as well as cookbooks from much loved chefs as well as hidden gems from lesser known people. If you want to bake a cake HomeSense is your destination for tins and pans in a huge range of shapes and sizes. Plastic storage boxes are also present in their multitude, along with a mind boggling array of gadgets and gizmos. I am terrible when it comes to kitchen bits and pieces and my kitchen is already groaning under the pressure. I tried my best to avoid buying the whole department.
Now HomeSense is all about finding something that little bit different, that little bit unique for your home without breaking the bank, as you can see from their new advert.
Well they’ve also teamed up with Abigail Edwards to provide you with some top tips from decorating YOUR home this year, whatever your style.
How to Achieve the ‘Urban Cool’ Look:
- Keep it simple and slick using graphic shapes to achieve a minimalistic vibe
- Look for accessories such as clean glass shapes, graphic cushions and simple accent colours
How to Achieve the ‘Country Chic’ Look:
- Natural tones and textured fabric are essential for achieving a modern country look
- Illustrated cushions and cut-out shapes add a contemporary twist
- Try grouping lots of clocks together to make a room look more eclecti
How to Achieve the ‘Global Traveller’ Look:
- Homeware items collected from your travels are ideal for achieving this look
- Try layering cushions and rugs to achieve a naturel and thrown together feel
- Don’t worry about mixing patterns – overlapping colours, shapes and different textures will add interest
- Accessorise with imagery and vintage pieces you’ve gathered from places visited on holiday
Key Autumn Trends:
- Chunky knits
- Mixing patterns
Tips for Easily Transforming a Room:
- The easiest and most affordable way to style your home is by adding cushions and throws as it doesn’t affecting anything else in the room and it adds colour and texture quickly
- Lighting also makes a massive difference so rather than having just one pendant light in the middle of the room, try having little table lamps dotted around and task lighting is also a good alternative
- Filling a sofa with lots of different cushions is a quick way of changing the look of a room and adding a splash of colour
- Pictures are another quick way of adding interest to your room
Feeling inspired? Well you can find more in the way of hints, tips and advice on HomeSense’s Twitter and Facebook pages. What’s even more exciting though is that I have a £50 voucher to give away to one reader, to spend in the new Brighton store. To be in with a chance of winning this voucher you need to comment on this post and tell me which look you’d like to achieve in your home this Autumn. Closing date for entries in Friday September 20th at 8pm and one winner will be chosen from all the entries and notified as soon as possible.